Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Haste to Waste?

Sometimes, when I get engrossed in work, I tend to do things at real top speed. I mean, (I have observed it myself), things just get done all right, like clockwork. I take my time to understand things initially, but when I do, I'm full throttle. And at the end of it, i don't mind the pace at all. After all, its getting done, right? Nothing can go wrong. (and its true... well most of times !) So this gives me the confidence, that haste is not waste after all. But believe me for my mom, who makes me see otherwise.

Sometime back, I was talking to her, and she said something. And, like I do sometimes, I said something in a haste. Now, I can tell by the look she gave me, that she was not very impressed. Don't you feel that moms have this universal language, of talking to you without saying a word. Especially when they give you the 'look'. (Do they teach you that at mommy school or something?) Now, the look can be a lot of things (most of the times, it is - 'why or how could you say something like that. I didn't raise you that way', 'you think you could say something like that and get away with it'... etc..), but majorly, I kinda agreed with her on that. I shouldn't have said it. Or better still, I could have said it, but maybe in a different tone or something. I donno. I have yet to figure this thing out. (I could probably crack granite, but not this !!)

So, here I am thinking again, do we 'haste' through almost everything we do. And do we really worry about the outcome? Sometimes, when I am in this 'haste phase', I rarely am aware of anything else, but what needs to be done at hand. Later, when I do get out of it (I really forget now when that was), I have already missed out on all that I did and how it affected me and the others around me. So in all this haste, I have wasted the precious few moments that I would have got to enjoy with life. This daze that we sometimes go through, seems all too very important at that moment of time, but the moment u get out of it, you realize that it was not that real after all. Or could we have twisted this 'daze' to get incorporated into our 'real' real life, so that we can include others and not be selfish enough to do everything ourselves?

Oh, and because of that universal mommy language thingy, every child knows better....

No comments: