Saturday, November 29, 2008

Inertia

She looked up to say,
I won't be coming no more this way,
I have been here all I can,
And there is only so much that I can plan,

He looked across to see,
All the dust, the grime, the sentimentality,
Should I wrap myself in this haven?
Or satisfy the lust of life I have craven,

She looked beneath to find,
All the pieces strewn in her mind,
Together they made up some memories,
Of all the love, the pain, the atrocities,

He looked far to feel,
To ease his heart out of the golden seal,
Inside it fluttered, strong and able,
Outside it mustered, dark and sable,

She wondered why, when, where,
She lost her soul, her will to care,
He longed for the time,
A little more still, eternity to find,

Together they stared,
Haplessly, beyond compare,
Was this all there was to be?
Nothing more, nothing less, nothing in between?

If tomorrow never came,
Are we to die in shame,
Of knowing not who or what we are,
To live a life that heals the wound, but never the scar.

No comments: